Date: Saturday 18th November 2017
Location: South Waikato Sport and Events Centre/Cougar Mountain Bike Park
Events: 5km and 10km Run/Walk, plus 1km and 2km Fun Run/Walk for Kids
Who: Open to the public
Includes: Race pack goody bags
BBQ, salads and drink for all entrants and volunteers
Entertainment for children
Over $5,000 worth of Spot Prizes!
Either use this online form or print out the attached entry booklet in PDF format. If using this booklet, please fill out the entry form(s) page 4 onwards. Please use one entry form per competitor. There are 5 entry forms attached in this booklet. Cash payments and entry forms need to go Oji Fibre Solutions Kinleith Copy Center or Reception by Friday 10th November (inclusive). You can also enter and pay cash at the South Waikato Sport & Events Centre reception.
If you enter online you must pay by Credit Card.
Friday 17th November
3pm–6pm Pick up race pack at the South Waikato Sport and Events Centre
Saturday 18th November
(Note: start times differ slightly for adult races compared to previous years)
8am–10am Pick up race pack at the South Waikato Sport and Events Centre
10:00am Start of Kids’ 1km Fun Run/Walk (3yrs to 8yrs)
10:15am Start of Kids’ 2km Fun Run/Walk (9yrs to 14yrs)
10:30am Start of 10km Walk
10:40am Start of 10km Run
11:10am Start of 5km Walk
11:15am Start of 5km Run
1pm Prize giving
All children entrants will receive a race medal for completing their event. There will be a prize for 1st place boy and girl in each race.
In both the 5km and 10km race, there will a trophy prize for 1st place male and female in both the walking and running categories.
All entrants are eligible for spot prizes at Prize giving. There are separate spot prizes for adults and kids.
The 1km and 2km Kids’ fun run/walk course will be on the Tokoroa Memorial Sports Ground.
The 5km and 10km course will start in the Oval at the Tokoroa Memorial Sports Ground but the majority of the course will be on the mountain bike trails and unsealed forestry roads of Cougar Park before finishing back in the Oval. Be prepared for some hill climbs and steep descents. See the attached pdf COURSE MAP.
• Drink Stations: One on the course (water only).
• Marshals: Marshals are for directions only. All entrants are responsible for their own actions.
• First Aid: First aid is available at the Start/Finish area on the sports field below the Cricket Club
• Toilets: Toilets are available in the Events Centre. There will be portaloos at the entrance into Cougar Park.
• Food will be available from 11.30am. Meal tickets will be available for purchase for non-entrants and supporters on the day at a cost of $10.
• One key change to the event this year is that the committee has chosen to partner with two charities. From every entry received, $5 will be donated to the Tokoroa Council of Social Services (TCOSS). And from sponsorship received, a sum will be donated to South Waikato Living without Violence Trust.
For more information, please contact Adrian Lysaght by phone (027 615 3496) or email (email@example.com).
Training in Cougar Park: You may wish to do some training in Cougar Park to get used to the off-road conditions but before you do, you need to become a member of the Tokoroa Mountain Biking Club. This costs $20 per person per year, or $30 per family. Go to www.sportsground.co.nz/tokoroamtb to sign up and pay online, or to get a membership form.
More information and enquires:
Contact Jenny Chang by phone 027 429 6416, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Kin Wellness Programme Fun Run_Walk 18-11-2017 BOOKLET.pdf
» Kin Wellness Programme Fun Run_Walk 18-11-2017 COURSE MAP.pdf
» Kinleith Fun Run_Walk 2017 Entries Open.pdf
» Training programme - Kinleith 10km Fun Run 2017.pdf
» Training programme - Kinleith 5km Fun Run 2017.pdf
Rules of the Event:
- Participants must obey all officials and marshals.
- Your race number must be visible, unaltered and attached to your chest at all times by the safety pins provided.
- Participants must follow the course as laid out.
- This is a non-smoking event. Definitely no smoking in Cougar Park
- Roller blades, skateboards, hand cycles, bicycles and dogs are prohibited. 5km and 10km courses not suitable for prams and buggies.
- Participants must not be accompanied by anyone not entered in the event with the exception that parents and/or guardians are welcome to accompany their children in the kids’ 1km and 2km fun run/walk.
- No spectators are allowed over or on the bridge into Cougar Park.
- Walk entrants must only walk. Walkers seen running will be reallocated into the run category.
- All entrants must be paid in full at registration prior to 7pm Friday 17th November.
- No alcohol permitted at the venue.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their own children.
- Kids under 14yrs are permitted to enter the 5km/10km run/walk but they will be treated as an adult competitor.