Leg 1: Kayak 10 km from Picton Foreshore to Torea Bay.
Leg 2: Portage 2km Torea Bay to Portage Bay (Portage Complex)
Leg 3: Kayak 7km Portage Bay to Te Mahia Bay,
Leg 4: Portage 3km Te Mahia Bay to Mistletoe Bay
Leg 5: Kayak 10km Mistletoe Bay to Picton Foreshore.
Leg 1: Kayak 10 km from Picton Foreshore to Torea Bay (and neutral return to Picton)
Race Start and Finish is on the Picton Foreshore
Registration: 7.45am - 8.00am
Race Start - Staggered by Class: 9.00am – 9:20am
Prize Giving will follow the race finish (approx 1:30pm) at Le Café.
» Portage Acknowledgement and Acceptance 2018.pdf
• For safety reasons, all contestants must wear safety approved life jackets on all paddle sections.
• Kayaks must contain 20 litre minimum buoyancy.
• All contestants must carry or wear a wind-proof jacket.
• Kayaks cannot be carried on trolley carts or any vehicle except for Recreation division where trolleys may be used and/or share portage.
• Wash hanging is permitted.
• The Race Director reserves the right to combine classes if insufficient competitors in any class.
• Paddlers must assist other competitors if requested or needed.
• Contestants must obey the directions of the race officials.
• There will be support boats on all paddle sections.
• It is each paddlers responsibility to ensure they paddle a kayak appropriate for their ability and the sea and weather conditions on the day
• Spray decks and airbags are recommended.