IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you read the Information and Safety sheet for 2017 below.
• This 13.2 km charity event, organised by the Kapiti Joggers &Walkers, takes place at Whareroa Farm, Mackays Crossing, SH1, north of Paekakariki, on Sunday 28th May 2017.
There are 3 categories:
(a) Social walkers and slow joggers. Social walkers may run from time to time if they wish - start time 9.00 am
(b) Race walkers. Race walkers must walk ALL the way (one foot must always be in contact with the ground) - start time 9.30 am
(c) Runners (includes runners and most joggers) - start time 10.00 am.
• To reach the venue from the south, take the Queen Elizabeth Park exit off SH1 north of Paekakariki, turn right under the highway and then second left off the roundabout. From the north take the Queen Elizabeth Park exit off SH1 and then second left off the roundabout.
• There is plenty of parking at the venue and toilets are available.
• Online entry at www.enteronline.co.nz closes at 11.55 pm on Friday 26th May. Late entry on the day is $30. Please be early if you are entering on the day.
• Registration opens at 8.00 am in the Whareroa Shelter building.
• There will be a short race briefing 10 minutes before your start time.
• The course is well marshalled, coned, taped and flagged. (Details will be provided at the briefings)
• There are two drink stations, however take a drink bottle if you need it.
• Dress according to the weather: parts of the course are over 250 m above sea level. Bring footwear suitable for both road and cross country. To comply with Department of Conservation requirements, please ensure that your shoes are clean and free of mud and seeds.
• Roads will be open to traffic, so please follow the instructions given prior to the race and by the marshals on the course. Remember that you compete at your own risk.
• If you have a problem during the event and cannot continue, advise the nearest marshal. If you see another participant in need of help, please provide assistance. The Wellington Free Ambulance will be in attendance.
• On the zigzag track down from Campbell’s Mill Road into Whareroa Farm, please take care as the surface is stony and you could meet mountain bikers coming up. Please make way for walkers and runners who wish to overtake.
• No dogs are allowed on the course because the latter part travels through a working farm.
• Organisers reserve the right to alter the course on the day to ensure the safety of competitors.
After the event, head through the underpass under the highway, across the railway line and through the Queen Elizabeth Park gates. There is plenty of parking available. You will be able to collect your finisher’s certificate and see whether you have won a spot prize. There will be hot soup and a roll available for competitors on presentation of their race numbers.
Results will be emailed where we have addresses, and published on http://www.marinenz.com/
» In the Footsteps of the Marines 2017 entry form.pdf
» In the Footsteps of the Marines course map.JPG
» In the Footsteps of the Marines poster 2017.pdf
» In the Footsteps of the Marines Race Information and Safety - 2017.pdf
» Race walkers 2017 Results.pdf
» Runners Results 2017.pdf
» Social walkers and slow joggers 2017 Results.pdf
Entrants must start the race at their designated start time. Race numbers are colour coded according to your race category and start time.
Walkers in the social grade are permitted to run if they wish. However, if you enter as a race walker, you must walk all the way, i.e. one foot must be in contact with the ground at all times. Anyone who is seen to be running will be reclassified in the social grade.
For your safety, please follow the instructions of the marshals at all times.
All competitors are requested to supply an emergency contact number at registration when collecting race numbers on the day.
Requests for refunds must be received by e-mail by 21 May 2017. There will be NO refunds after this date.