EVENT & RACE INFORMATION
Minimum age for the Half Marathon is 12 years on race day. Children under 12 may enter the 5km & 10km events.
Entries close midnight 5th September 2011.
Late entries may be accepted up to 30 minutes before the start on 10th September 2011
on payment of a $10 late entry fee per entrant or family entrant.
Half Marathon & 10km race starts at 8:30am. The 5km race starts at 8:45am. The course will be closed at noon.
Results will be available at www.whangamatarunwalk.co.nz
Certificates and photos will be available on www.marathon-photos.com after the event
Entry is not transferable
The race number MUST be placed high on the front of your singlet or shirt where it is clearly visible.
The transponder must be tied to a shoe with the supplied twist ties.
Refund of the race entry fee (less admin fee) will only be made if the Race Director is notified in writing BEFORE 1st Sept 2011.
Race numbers and Transponders will be available between 6pm-9pm Friday 9th September 2011 and from 7am Saturday 10th September at the Whangamata Area School, Port Rd, Whangamata.
Each event has a unique coloured number. Half Marathon is BLUE. 10km is YELLOW and 5km is RED
Half Marathon Open - Men & Women 1st $500 2nd $350 3rd $150
Masters - Men & Women 1st $300 2nd $150 3rd $75
10km Men & Women $200
5km Men & Women $150
The prize giving function will start at 12:30pm in the Whangamata Area School Gym or outdoors if fine. There will be no organised social event. All entrants who complete their event before noon on September 4th 2010 will be eligible for spot prizes including a $2000 travel voucher, cash, or sponsored products/services. Winners must be present at the prize giving to claim any spot prizes.
RULES OF THE EVENT
An accepted entry will not be transferred to another person.
2. In the event of an “Act of God” condition causing the cancellation of the event my
total entry fee is not refundable
3. Neither the organisers, sponsors nor other partners associated with the event shall have any responsibility for any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise whether or not by negligence from any direct or indirect loss, injury or death which might be sustained by the entrant or any other part directly or indirectly associated with the entrant‘s intended or actual participation in the event or its related activities.
4. The entrant agrees to abide by the race rules and follow the directions of the race officials and NZ Police. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
5. Entrants acknowledge that part of this event will be held on public roads that are NOT closed to traffic.
6. Entrants take part entirely at their own risk and will waive all claims against the organisers or sponsors.
7. Entrant’s authorise their name, voice or picture and any information included in their entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or in any other way relating to this event. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993
8. The Race Director’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.